Flooring and tiling are things that come to mind when a house’s construction nears completion.
Before even starting the construction process, you might want to get a rough notion of how much floor tile costs per square meter..
The kind, size, and area to be covered off the floor tiles determine the price per square meter in Nigeria.
This article entails the current cost of floor, and wall tiles In Nigeria.
Types of Tiles In Nigeria
#1. Ceramic Tiles
Walls, floors, and worktops can all be covered with ceramic tile. Different ceramic tile sizes, hues, textures, and forms are available.
Because they are durable, can withstand any quantity of water, and are simple to clean, ceramic tiles are frequently used in kitchens and bathrooms.
In a kiln, natural clays are heated and cooled to create ceramic tiles.
Due to its adaptability and low maintenance requirements, ceramic tile can be employed in numerous areas of the construction.
Because ceramic tiles are fragile and quickly damaged, avoid dropping heavy objects on them.
#2. Porcelain Tiles
Porcelain tiles are excellent suggestions for making your home into a wonderful residence. Due to their hardened surface, porcelain is scratch and crack resistant but can be more expensive.
Porcelain is good at handling heavy usage and challenging conditions like outdoor or walkway usage. The two varieties of porcelain tiles are through-bodied and glazed porcelain tiles.
Glazed porcelain tile comes in a variety of colors and textures, is typically stain resistant, and is manufactured from a mixture of clay, sand, and other minerals that are burnt in a kiln.
Through-bodied porcelain tile is incredibly robust and can resist very hard circumstances because it is formed from a mixture of clay, sand, and other minerals that are burnt at high temperatures.
#3. Marble Tiles
Marble tiles, which are pricy and produced in a combination of two or more colors, are utilized to give any form of structure an opulent appearance.
For specific areas of the home, such as corridors, bathrooms, and even kitchen wall decor, marble tiles can be employed.
#4. Quarry Tiles
The surface of quarry tiles is rough, and they are created from real stones.
Being scratch resistant makes them affordable and cost-effective.
Quarry tiles are frequently referred to as unglazed ceramic tiles because of their similar durability qualities and ability to withstand extremely hot and cold regions.
However, they are only produced in a few colors, which are brown, red, orange, and grey.
This type of tile is a good option for both indoor and outdoor use and can be used in the hallway, pools, and kitchen.
#5. Vitrified Tiles
These are ceramic tiles of the low porosity and frost resistance variety.
Clay, quartz, feldspar, and silica are mixed together and hydraulically pressed to create vitrified tile.
These are the four categories:
- Full Body
- Double Charge
- Soluble Salt.
#6. Mosaic Tiles
Due to the composition of the materials used to make them, these tiles provide stunning views.
Pebbles, porcelain, pottery, glass, metal, and a variety of other materials can all be used to create them.
Cost of Tiles Per Square In Nigeria
Ceramics Floor Tiles
- 1 square meter of 30 x 30- ₦1,500
- 1 square meter of 40 x 40 ₦1,750
Unpolished Porcelain Floor Tiles
- 1 Nr. of 30 x 30 – ₦1,900
- 1 square meter of 40 x 40- ₦3,000
- 1 square meter of 30 x 60- ₦4,000
Polished Porcelain Floor Tiles
- 1 square meter of 30 x 30- ₦2,850
- 1 square meter of 40 x 40- ₦3,200
- 1 square meter of 30 x 30 – ₦6,000
- 1 square meter of 40 x 40- ₦7,000
- 1 square meter of 30 x 60- ₦6,500
- 1 square meter of 60 x 60 – ₦8,500
Glazed Ceramic Wall Tiles (White)
- 1 square meter of 25 x 40 – ₦3,100
- 1 square meter of 25 x 50- ₦3,200
- 1 square meter of 25 x 60- ₦3,500
Glazed Ceramic Wall Tiles (Colored)
- 1 square meter of 25 x 40- ₦3,000
- 1 square meter of 25 x 50- ₦3,500
- 1 square meter of 25 x 60- ₦3,200
- 1 square meter of 30 x 30- ₦3,500
- 1 square meter of 30 x 30- ₦1,900
- 1 square meter of 40 x 40- ₦2,000
- 1 square meter of 40 x 60- ₦2,200
Cost of Tiles Per Carton In Nigeria
Polished Floor Tiles
- 60 x 60 – ₦4500
Glazed Floor Tiles
- 60 x 60 – ₦8,000
Spanish Tiles Floor
- 80 x 80 – ₦9,500
White Camera Floor Tiles
- 60 x 60 – ₦7,500
Marble Floor Tiles
- 60 x 60 – ₦4,500
Cost of Wall Tiles In Nigeria
Ceramic Wall Tiles
- 30 x 30 – ₦1200 – ₦1500
- 40 x 40 – ₦1,400 – ₦1750
Polished Porcelain Wall Tiles
- 30 x 30 – ₦2,500 – ₦2,750
- 40 x 40- ₦2,700 – ₦3,000
Unpolished Porcelain Wall Tiles
- 40 x 40- ₦2,500 – ₦3,000
- 30 x 60- ₦3,500 – ₦4,000
- Price range is- ₦5,250 – ₦8,000
60 x 60 Tiles Price In Nigeria
- Granite Tiles per square meter – ₦8,000
- Glaze Floor Tiles per carton-₦2,900
Price of Spanish Tiles In Nigeria
- Spanish Porcelain (white)- ₦9,500
- Spanish Wooden Tiles (Brown)- ₦10,000
25 by 40 Tiles Price In Nigeria
- Glazed Ceramic Wall Tiles (per square meter)- ₦2800
40 x 40 Tiles Price In Nigeria
- Ceramic Floor Tiles (per square meter)- ₦1750
- Unpolished Porcelain Floor Tiles (per square meter)- ₦3,000
- Polished Porcelain Floor Tiles (per square meter)- #3,000
- Granite Tiles (per square meter)- ₦6,750
Price of CDK Tiles In Nigeria
- CDK Porcelain Tiles- ₦3,950 per square
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many 60 × 60 tiles are there in a carton in Nigeria?: 4 tiles
Each carton of these 60cm by 60cm tiles weighs 30.5kg and contains 4 tiles, each of which can cover 1.44 square meters.
- How many tiles can you fit in a room?: To calculate the area, one tile will cover in square inches, multiply the tile length by the tile width.
To translate the result to square feet, multiply it by 144. You may then calculate how many tiles you’ll need by dividing the area you’re tiling by the square footage of one tile. Once more, round up to the next whole number.
- Are CDK tiles any good?: They last for years while preserving their original color and texture, so durability is assured.
The best production materials available were used to design the CDK tiles with style.
Apart from the fact that they add beauty to the home with a variety of artistic designs, tiles are a crucial component of construction.
They are also strong and easy to maintain.
The cost of tiles will vary by state in Nigeria, and if you choose to purchase them online owing to convenience or high local rates, your sole concern would be way-billing.